mAKE UP DOESN'T HAVE TO BREAK THE BANK.
Let’s face it, make up can be expensive. We’ve all heard the saying “You get what you pay for” and I am definitely someone who believes in quality over quantity. But… I also believe that there are some hidden gems in drugstore beauty and you don’t always have to compromise money for quality when it comes to make up!
These are the products you will find in my current make up and they won’t be leaving anytime soon. Some are tried & true (we’re talkin’ years of using) and some are new finds that I am loving!
1. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – This is a staple in my make up bag and won’t be traded anytime soon! I love this bronzer because it is super easy to blend and it doesn’t get “patchy” on your skin. Sometimes less expensive bronzers can look “dirty” or chalky and this bronzer does none of that. It is very blendable and it smells like banana boat sunscreen, which I’m all about!
2. Honest Magic Beauty Balm Stick – This is a new product that I have been loving on my no make up/minimal make up days. I apply it with either a brush or warm it up in my finger tips! This product is similar to what a highlighter would do but it’s very natural looking. It kind of gives you a dewy sheen that looks like a natural healthy glow. I put it on my cheekbones, nose & forehead.
3. NYX Micro Brow Pencil – This product is pretty much a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Pencil, but half the price! A must have for a precise eyebrow look. I can always draw my brows exactly how I want with this pencil because the tip is so fine.
4. NYX Butter Gloss – all time fav lip gloss! I love this stuff and pretty much have one in every purse I own!! Some of my favorite colors are: Creme Brulee, Tiramisu, Fortune Cookie, Angel Food Cake & Eclair. It’s the perfect amount of color & a great replacement for lipstick!
5. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara – ride or die mascara! I feel like I always try to buy nice name brand mascara and I always end up going back to this one! It’s an oldie but a goodie! I’ve heard Kim Kardashian’s make up artist uses all L’Oreal Mascara & I totally understand why! Just try it, you won’t be disappointed with the length and volume.
6. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – (AKA, Beauty Blender) this is another dupe for the $$ “Beauty Blender.” To be honest I have never even bought a beauty blender because I believe this does the same job for half the price! Perfect for blending your foundation & concealer.