Let’s talk wedding skin prep and how I got my face to a healthy/glowing state the week of my wedding! To be honest, I didn’t spend a crazy amount of money on skin treatments to prep my skin, but mostly I was consistent with taking care of it the months/weeks leading up to the wedding. My make up artist, MUA Natalie, gave me the sweetest compliments on my skin and suggested I share this post to help other brides get their skin prepped for their big day! Many of the tips are things I did for my wedding, but most are a lot of my everyday staples, so this can really apply to anyone wanting healthy, glowing skin!
1. Moisturize your skin (from the inside out too) – This is really my #1 beauty tip of ALL time! Get yourself a hydroflask or whatever kind of cute water bottle, make sure to fill it up and drink it 3 times a day! Seriously water is such an underrated beauty tip. A lot of people don’t understand that not only does drinking water help to moisturize your skin, it also helps to flush out toxins in your body & skin (aka, flush out bacteria causing zits, break outs, etc). Drinking water cost ZERO DOLLARS, so do your skin & bank account a favor and start creating healthier skin by drinking some H20!
2. Dermaplane Facial – Easily one of my newest skin obsessions! I got a dermaplane facial about 2 weeks before my wedding and was so in love with the results. In this facial they take what looks like a medical grade straight razor and “shave” all over your face to exfoliate, remove dead skin cells and any peach fuzz/facial hair. My skin was straight GLOWING for weeks after this! I would highly recommend this step for a wedding or any event you’re going to! It also makes your make up sit a lot smoother on your skin so that was a huge plus and something I noticed right away. Definitely going to start getting this done every month or so!
3. PHAT Glow Facial by Ole Henriksen – I stumbled into Sephora to get a couple things the week before the wedding and found this GEM of a gentle exfoliating facial! This is the ultimate at home facial and is specifically made for using prior to events, photoshoots, etc. You can literally do it the morning of an event and put make up on right after. The facial is 15 minutes and leaves your skin looking fresh, bright and glowing! I did it the night before my wedding and it definitely did it’s job. So excited I found this new product!
4. Fresh MODEST Tan – let’s talk tans for a hot sec. I am a true believer in a modest tan for your wedding, not a just got back from the Bahamas and I look like a Brazilian super model tan. It’s your wedding day, your want to look the most like yourself and not like someone else. You’re also wearing WHITE, which will make an overdone tan look REALLY overdone. So keep it modest! I actually opted to use Sivan Ayla’s Lux Unfiltered tanning lotion rather than getting a spray tan done! I didn’t want someone else in control of my skin tone for the biggest day of my life I used a gradual tan so I could control my color! Call me crazy but it worked for me! I also used the Tan Luxe drops for my face & mixed it into my moisturizer.
5. Hylauronic Acid & Vitamin C Serum – If you’re going to only have two serums in your skincare line up – these are them!! Don’t let the acid scare you, it is actually very hydrating and helps to give you a just got out of the ocean, dewy, summer glow. I mix the Dr. Dennis Gross Marine one in with my moisturizer every morning and night. Secondly, invest in a good Vitamin C Serum. I have used a couple but always keep coming back to the Drunk Elephant formula. This really helps to brighten your skin and even out discoloration (if you have it).
6. INVEST in good eye patches/eye creams – this was a MUST. The rehearsal dinner is an emotional night and if you’re like me, there is going to be TEARS. So when I woke up from sleeping like absolute SH*T the night before my wedding I was so thankful I had the MILK cooling eye patches to throw on before the make up artist arrived. I also recommend an eye cream in general, my fav is the Fresh Black Tea Eye Cream. It really does the job when it comes to de-puffing… Ryon even uses it & loves it…SHHhhhhh.
7. Lip Treatments – Did you know that exfoliating your lips helps to create a collagen boost in them? It’s like the organic version of lip filler! Exfoliating them with some sort of scrub makes them more plump & creates more collagen in that area. It also smoothes them out for all those up close wedding pics that you definitely don’t want dry lips in. Next step, hydrate them with an overnight lip mask!
8. NuFace – I used my NuFace Facial Toning Device religiously the months leading up to our wedding. It really did make a difference in my usually rounder face. It helped to accentuate my cheek bones and jaw lines too! This device is definitely on the pricier side but I find it to be a good investment because it helps prolong botox, refines fine lines & helps to tone your face… cause we ain’t getting any younger!
9. Botox – 6 weeks before the wedding I decided to get my first Botox Treatment. I got it in my forehead & 11’s (between my eyebrows). It really made a difference in smoothing out the fine wrinkles in my forehead that I was feeling a little self conscious about and helped to make my make up go on smoother, with no creasing! This is a personal preference, but I am 27 and felt like it was a good time to start getting it done regardless of the wedding!
I hope you found this info helpful if you’re getting married, have work photos to take or going to an event! I definitely feel like I had that “wedding glow” after using all these products leading up to the wedding. All products I used are linked below!